MotionNode is a 3-DOF inertial measurement unit (IMU) for use in 3D motion tracking, sensing, and capture applications. The MotionNode sensor module is extremely small, easy to use, and yields accurate orientation tracking results.
Our IMU hardware provides real-time orientation, accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetometer data. Our included software package provides a simple interface to preview, record, and export inertial measurement data.
MotionNode is available as a USB device or as part of a wearable wireless network.
Supports up to twenty sensor nodes in a portable, self contained network.
Streams real-time data to a PC over a wireless link. Battery powered.
Simple connectivity to a USB port. Use any standard USB hub to connect multiple sensor nodes to a PC.
- Fully integrated, triaxial accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetometer solution
- Surface mount MEMS sensor design for high accuracy and compact form
- Real-time orientation output, full 360 degree range in all three axes
- Miniature size: 35 x 35 x 15mm
- Sample rate: 100 Hz
- Wireless or USB connectivity for simple connection to a PC
- Connect multiple devices to a single PC
- Supports Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
Every MotionNode module includes software for your PC. The software provides a simple interface to:
- Configure your sensor(s)
- Adjust sensitivity and filter parameters for different application requirements
- Preview all output data in real-time
- Record orientation and sensor data
- Organize captured motion data and sensor streams for easy retrieval
- Export motion capture data to standard file formats
The orientation data is available for export to a number of formats, including the industry standards FBX and COLLADA. For more detailed information about the MotionNode software package, please visit our documentation page.
Our Software Development Kit (SDK) provides real-time access to all outputs of the MotionNode pipeline. The SDK is open source and available in the C++, C#, Java, and Python programming languages.
Please contact us with any questions regarding the MotionNode system.